Freeman Graham Ellis’ Two-wheeled Challenge
Graham’s inspired idea is to cycle a 500-mile route during August; linking working wheelwrights across the country so as to raise money for charity.
Starting in Northumberland, the route takes in four other wheelwrights workshops before ending at Heathfield in Sussex… hence the name: the “Tour des Wheelwrights”.
Monday 16th August – Start from Peter Thompson, WARKWORTH
Thursday 19th August- Arrive Peter Small, LINCOLN
Sunday 22nd August – Arrive Mike Steel, SAXMUNDHAM
Wednesday 25th August – Croford Coachbuilders, ASHFORD
Thursday 26th August – Arrive Richard Carey, BATTLE
Friday 27th August – Finish at Douglas Andrews, HEATHFIELD
“Ziva has absolutely changed my life. She’s brought me a sense of comfort, and
independence that I’d never had before. Choosing to sponsor Graham would enable Dogs for Good
to give someone else the amazing, life-changing gift of a partnership with an Assistance Dog.”
How can you help?
There are a number of ways in which you can support this year’s major fundraiser, with
levels of effort and cost to suit everyone:
- Make a donation at https://www.justgiving.com/campaign/TourdesWheelwrights
- Corporate supporters can have their logos on the tour T-shirts. We are looking for support for the costs of the welcome reception in Sussex on 27th August. Please email email@example.com if this is of interest.
- Get on your bike to join Graham for part of the route – the Master plans to see him off in Northumberland on 16th August and pedal the final leg in Sussex on 27th August.
- Join the Tour des Wheelwrights WhatsApp group, as this will be the best way to ask for information and find out more about the detailed plans.
- Provide refreshments or lodgings for Graham along the way – the route takes in wheelwrights in Lincoln and Saxmundham and Graham is hoping to ride 50 miles a day. By supporting Graham and reducing his costs he’s offered to donate them to the charity. Do make any offers to Graham at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set your own fundraising target, especially if you plan to cycle part of the route. You can create your own fundraising page on JustGiving, linking through to the Tour des Wheelwrights event to automatically add to our grand total.
- Follow our Facebook page and use this to spread the word to increase the funds which we raise https://www.facebook.com/WorshipfulCompanyofWheelwrights
More details about the T-shirts and welcome reception in Sussex on 27th August will follow… Until then, thank you for your support!