Martin attended Rural Development Commission Wheelwrights Apprentice Scheme with “Tutor” being Liveryman Robert Hurford. Then worked for over 10 years at his own “shop”.
Now lives most of the year in Millicent, South Australia in semi retirement but since 2006 actively helping in the Millicent National Trust Museum, South Australia. Built in 1873 as a Primary School but became the Museum in 1960. Now houses 25 full restored buggies, carriages and wagons. Until 2006 the carriages were “in moth balls” in Port Adelaide..